PATH-243: DISEASES OF FIELD CROPS AND THEIR MANAGEMENT
Economic importance, symptoms, cause, epidemiology and disease cycle and integrated management of diseases of rice, sorghum, bajra, maize, wheat, sugarcane, ragi, finger millet, turmeric, ginger, tobacco, groundnut, sesamum, sunflower, safflower, linseed, castor, cotton, red gram, Bengal gram, black gram, green gram, tea, soybean.
Study of symptoms, etiology host-parasite relationship and specific control measures of diseases of rice, maize, ragi, finger millet, sugarcane, turmeric, ginger, groundnut, castor, sunflower, cotton, red gram, green gram, black gram, Bengal gram. Field visits at appropriate time during the semester. Survey and collection of disease samples of above crops and their preservation.
I) Study of symptoms, etiology, host-parasite relationship and specific control measures of the following crop diseases.
1) Blast, bacterial blight, false smut, leaf scald and rice tungro virus of rice.
2) Downy mildew and smut of maize.
3) Leaf spots of ragi.
4) Leaf spots of finger millet.
5) Smut, mosaic, grassy shoot and downy mildew of sugarcane.
6) Leaf spots, rust, bud necrosis and stem rot of groundnut.
7) Downy mildew, leaf spot, rust and necrosis virus of sunflower.
8) Leaf spots of turmeric.
9) Wilt and sterility mosaic of red gram.
10) Wilt, stunt, stem rot, root rot and blight of Bengal gram.
11) Powdery mildew, leaf spots and blight and yellow mosaic of green gram.
12) Powdery mildew’ leaf spot and virus diseases of black gram.
13) Rust, leaf spots, of Castor.