EXTN 123 : COMMUNICATION SKILLS & PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENTS
Definition and Basics of Personality.
Analyzing Strength and Weakness.
Personality Development : Concept and Process
Body Language – Meaning, Definition, Use of body language – Gesture, Posture, Eye contact, facial expression
Preparation of Self -Introduction.
Communication Skills: Listening, writing, speakingskills
Communication Barriers;Overcoming these barriers.
Building Self-Esteem and Self- Confidence.
Attitudes: Meaning, Types – Assertive, Aggressive and Submissive; Positive, Negative, Neutral
Introduction to Leadership; Leadership Styles; Group Dynamics.
Team Building : Meaning, Steps
Interpersonal Communication and Relationship; Use of verbal and non verbal communication
Conflict Management: Introduction, Levels of Conflict and Managing Conflict.
Time Management: Concept, Importance and Need, Steps towards better Time Management.
Public Speaking: Introduction, Increasing Vocabulary, Voice Modulation, Social Graces
Email and Telephone Etiquettes
1) One-on-One Sessions for Individual Personality Traits
2) Role Play and Impromptu Conversation/Public Speaking Practice focusing on Body Language;
3) Vocabulary Practices: Developing a repertoire of words in various fields like Agriculture, Politics, Economics, Family, Personal Grooming etc.
4) Role Play for Self Introduction in the class;
5) Listening to recorded Shot
6) Questionnaires for Building Self-Esteem and Self Confidence;
7) Case Studies based on Development of Attitudes;
8) Case Studies on Leadership Development;
9) Case Studies on Leadership Development;
10) Group Games, Ice breakers, Warm-ups and Energizers Team Building Activities
11) Practice of Non-Verbal Communication Skills: Dumb Charades and Dubsmash Practice;
12) Exercise on Mutually Acceptable Proximity; and Eye Contact;
13) Time Management Games to Practice and Experience the Importance of Planning / Delegating Work among them to properly manage time and complete the task in the shortest time possible;
14) Public Speaking Games: (Introducing a friend with his/her life style; Describing a funny image provided by the teacher; Continuing a Story starting with one student and others try to continue with it and try to complete it Take any object available and try to make a commercial for it;
15) Practice of Emails