Introduction to Computers, Anatomy of Computers, Memory Concepts, Units of Memory, Operating System, definition and Types, Data Representation, Number systems (Binary, Hexadecimal). Difference between ASCII & UNICODE. Applications of MS-Office for creating , Editing and Formatting of Document, Data presentation, Tabulation and Graph creation, statistical analysis, mathematical expressions, Database-Concepts and Types, creating database, uses of DBMS in agriculture, Internet. And World Wide Web(WWW), Concepts, Components and creation of web, HTML, XML, coding.
e- Agriculture, concepts, design and development. ICT for data collection: Formation of development programmes, monitoring and evaluation; Computer models in agriculture: Statistical, weather analysis and crop simulation models- Concepts, structure, files, limitations and advantages. Application for understanding plant processes, sensitivity, verification, calibration and validation; IT application for computation of water and nutrient requirement of crops; computer controlled devices for agri-input management; Smartphone Apps in Agriculture for farm advises, market price, postharvest management etc; Geospatial technology for generating valuable agri-information. Decision support systems, concepts, components and applications in Agriculture, Agriculture Expert System, Soil Information Systems etc for supporting Farm decisions. Communication process, Berlo’ s model, feedback and barriers to communication.
Study of Computer Components, accessories, practice of important DOS Commands, Introduction of different operating systems such as MS-Windows, UNIX/ Linux, Creating, Files & Folders, File Management.Use of MS-WORD and MS Power Point for creating, editing and presenting a scientific document. Handling of tabular data; Animation, Video tools, art tool, graphics, template and designs; MS-EXCEL – Creating a spreadsheet, use of statistical tool, writing expressions, creating graphs, analysis of scientific data a; MS-ACCESS: Creating database, preparing queries and reports , Demonstration of agri information system, Introduction to World Wide Web and its components. Demonstration of Scientific websites and identifying components. Hands on Crop Simulation Models (CSM) such as DSSAT/Crop-Info/CropSyst/Wofost; Computation of water and nutrient requirements of crop using CSM and IT tools; Use of Smart phones and other devices in agro-advisory and dissemination of market information;Introduction of Geospatial technology; Demonstration of generating information important for agriculture; Hands on practice on preparation of Decision Support system
1) Study of Computer Components, accessories
2) Practice of important DOS Commands
3) Introduction of different operating systems such as MS-Windows, Unix/ Linux, Creating, Files &Folders,File Management
4) Word Processing–1
5) Word Processing–2
10) DBMS/RDBMS Creating,Updating database
11) Querying/Retrieving data,relation
12) Introduction to World Wide Web (WWW).Demonstration of Agri-information
13) Hands on Crop Simulation Models (CSM) such as DSSAT/Crop-Info/CropSyst/Wofost; Computation water and nutrient requirements of crop using CSM and IT tools
14) Introduction of Geospatial Technology for generating valuable information for Agriculture
15) Hands on Decision Support System
16) Introduction of programming languages. Preparation of contingent crop