ASDS-353 : TECHNOLOGY OF MILK AND MILK PRODUCTS
Present status of Dairy Industry in India. Definition and composition of milk. Physico-chemical properties of milk. Microbial quality of raw milk. Factors affecting composition of milk. Physico- chemical and microbial standards for different types of milk. Nutritional importance of milk and its constituents. Reception and processing (Platform test, Chilling, Standardization, Homogenization, Pasteurization, Storage, Marketing) of milk. classification and composition of milk products (Heat coagulated, Heat and acid coagulated, Evaporated, Fermented Frozen and Fat riched products). ISI, PFA and Agmark standards for milk products. International requirement for export of milk. Preservation of milk and milk products by-Bio, Herbal, Chemical and physical preservatives in use. Utilization of dairy by-product: whey and high acid milk. Packaging of milk and milk products with modern techniques.
Platform tests, sampling of milk and milk products for various tests. Determination of Fat, SNF, TS, Acidity, Sp. Gravity. Standardization of milk. Cream separation. Cleaning and sanitization of dairy equipments. Manufacture of – Khoa, Basundi and Rabri, Paneer, Channa, Dahi, Ice cream and Kulfi, Butter and Ghee. Manufacture of milk sweets: Pedha, Gulab-Jamun, Rasgolla, Shrikhand.
1)Sampling of milk & milk products.
2) To study the different platform tests.
3) Determination of Fat by Gerber’s method.
4) Determination SNF & Total solids.
5) Determination of Acidity and Specific gravity of milk.
6) Study of cleaning & sanitization of dairy equipments.
7)Standardization of milk by Pearson’s method.
8) Study of Cream separator & separation of cream.
9) Preparation of Khoa, Basundi and Rabri.
10) Preparation of Paneer and Channa.
11) Preparation of Dahi, Chakka and Shrikhand.
12) Preparation of Butter.
13) Preparation of Ghee.
14) Preparation of Ice-cream and Kulfi.
15) Preparation of Pedha and Gulab jamun.
16) Preparation of Rasgolla.