AGRO-248: PRACTICAL CROP PRODUCTION ll (RABI CROPS)
Crop planning, raising field crops in multiple cropping systems: Field preparation, seed treatment, nursery raising, sowing, nutrient management, water management, weed management and management of insect-pests and diseases of crops, harvesting, threshing, drying, winnowing, storage and marketing of produce. Preparation of balance sheet including cost of cultivation, net returns per student as well as per team of a group of students.
1) Introduction, aims and objectives of practical crop production – II, allotment of plot and its history.
2) Study of physical and chemical properties of the allotted plot to the students.
3) Study of package of practices for growing rice crop (timely, late and rainfed).
4) Preparation of calendar of operation for rice.
5) Study of preparatory, secondary tillage and seed bed preparation for rice.
6) Sowing and seed treatment of rice.
7) Study of nutrient management of rice.
8) Study of water management to rice.
9) Determination of germination/emergence count of rice.
10) Study of growth and yield contributing attributes in rice.
11) Study of inter-culturing and weed management in rice.
12) Study of insect pest and diseases management in rice.
13) Study of crop maturity signs, harvesting.
14) Threshing, drying, winnowing, storage and preparation of produce for marketing of rice.
15) Study of cost of cultivation and working out net returns per students.
16) Summary report of Practical Crop Production – II.
17) Study of weekly weather record for Rabi season.
Note: To get practical oriented knowledge to the student, 100 sq mts area per student will be allotted for raising rabi crop of the region. The student has to raise the crop from sowing to harvesting, threshing, drying, winnowing, storage and preparation of produce for marketing. Also he has to study the cost of cultivation, net return per student as well as per team of a group of students.