AGRO-248: PRINCIPLES OF ORGANIC FARMING
Organic farming, principles and its scope in India; Initiatives taken by Government (central/state), NGOs and other organizations for promotion of organic agriculture; Organic ecosystem and their concepts; Organic nutrient resources and its fortification; Restrictions to nutrient use in organic farming; Choice of crops and varieties in organic farming; Fundamentals of insect, pest, disease and weed management under organic mode of production; Operational structure of NPOP; Certification process and standards of organic farming; Processing, leveling, economic considerations and viability, marketing and export potential of organic products.
Visit of organic farms to study the various components and their utilization; Preparation of enrich compost, vermicompost, bio-fertilizers/bio-inoculants and their quality analysis; Indigenous technology knowledge (ITK) for nutrient, insect, pest disease and weed management; Cost of organic production system; Post harvest management; Quality aspect, grading, packaging and handling.
1) Visit to Organic Farm to study the various components and their utilization
2) Study of Preparation methods for Enriched compost
3) Study of Preparation methods for Vermicompost and vermiwash
4) Study of biofertilizers and bio-inoculants
5) Study of preparation of Biodynamic compost and cow pat pit
6) Study of quality analysis of compost and vermicompost
7) Study of crop residue management and green manuring
8 & 9) Study of indigenous technology knowledge (ITK) for nutrient, insect, disease and weed management
10) Study the method of preparation and Production cost of Panchagavya, Beejamrutand Jeevamrutin Organic farming
11) Study the method of preparation and Production cost of Dashparni, Neem Seed extract, in Organic farming
12 & 13) Study of post-harvest management in Organic Farming
14 & 15) Study of Quality aspects : Grading, Packing, Handling
16) Visit to Biocontrol Laboratory and Biofertilizer and vermicompost Unit