EXTN-364: ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Entrepreneur: Meaning, Definition, characteristics and role, demands of entrepreneur, identifying potential entrepreneurs, functions.
Entrepreneurship Development- Concept of entrepreneurship, process of entrepreneurship development, motivation and entrepreneurship development, importance of planning, monitoring and follow-up, managing competition, entrepreneurship development programmes.
Current Status of Indian Agricultural Processing and Export Industries. SWOT analysis generation, incubation and commercialization of ideas and innovations.
Agri. Partnership -Definition, Importance, agri. Clinics & agri. business center.
Entrepreneurial Behaviour- Concept, dimensions, factors affecting entrepreneurial behavior.
Government schemes and incentives for promotion of entrepreneurship. Government policy on small and Medium Enterprises (SMES)/ Small Scale Industries (SSIs). ICT’s in rural enterprises.
Market survey, formulation of project, financial analysis of project.
Communication skills: Communication — Meaning and process of communication.
Advertisements- Meaning, types, forms and functions.
Writing Skill: Business letters, Letters of inquiry, quotation orders and tenders, complaints letter. Constraints perceived by rural entrepreneur.
Conducting market survey to know the demands for different products. Preparing advertisements for popularization of products and news writing. Preparing project proposals. Individual and group presentation, features of oral presentation. Evaluation of presentation: evaluation sheet, other strategies to be considered for evaluating a presentation. Dyadic communication — Face to face conversation, telephonic conversation, rate of speech, clarity of voce, speaking and listening politeness, telephone etiquettes. Meetings- Purpose, procedure, participation, chairmanship, physical arrangements, recording and writing of minutes of meeting. Seminar and conferences, regulating speech, physical appearance, body language, posture eye contact. Conducting of mock interviews- Testing initiative, team spirit and leadership, group discussion and debates on current topics.
1) Conducting market survey to know the demands for different agricultural products- APMC and others.
2) Preparing advertisement for popularization of agricultural products.
3) News writing- Meaning, steps and writing news for local newspapers/ hints for radio etc.
4) Preparing a project proposals for financial help.
5) Oral presentation of projects by the students in the group.
6) Evaluation of presentation — Evaluation sheet and other strategies to be considered for evaluating a presentation.
7) Dyadic communication : Face to face conversation, telephonic conversation, rate of speech, clarity of voice, speaking and listening politeness, telephone etiquettes.
8) Organization and participation in group meetings: Purpose, procedure participation, chairmanship, physical arrangements, recoding and writing of minutes of the meeting.
9) Salient features of participating in Seminar and Conferences-Regulating speech, physical appearance, body language, posture, eye contact.
10) Conducting and practicing mock interviews- Testing interviews -Testing initiative, team spirit, and debates on current topics.